Well, that wasn’t so bad. A few weeks of a bit of work here and there and I have gotten myself to the point of (almost) completion. All I have to do now is caulk and paint the moulding that goes around the inside of the bathroom door.
I did a few odds and ends yesterday. We really needed a shower caddy. Laura suggested that we not get the usual one that hangs from the pipe to the shower head. She said they get disgusting with the water dripping on everything, making stains and all that. I had to agree. If I didn’t agree, she would have belted me over the head with a wiffle ball bat. So, we wanted one that the water wouldn’t hit. Here is the one we got…
Now, THAT’S a shower caddy. I have never seen anything like that in my life, but I will tell you that it holds everything. There is no more mess standing on the edge of the bathtub.
Also, just recently, the “hot” side of the bathroom faucet decided to start leaking. When I would shut off the water, it would drip and drip and drip. I decided to get a new faucet. I wasn’t going to mess around with the guts of the old one. Here is what I installed yesterday. It was a little tougher than I thought.
Lastly, I put down the threshold moulding for the doorway. I had to screw this down because I thought that hitting big finishing nails into the floor so close to the new tile would have a harmful effect. It’s ok…I kind of made a mess of things while drilling the holes in the center. Those new drill bits I got are really sharp.
That’s it. One last thing to do today and I am going to start on the kitchen. But this time, someone else is doing it.