Well that sucked.
I thought this was going to be an easy job…just unscrew some stuff under the sink, pull it out and take off the toilet. That’s all there is, right? Wrong.
I got half the floor up and was cruising along beautifully.
I was doing well under the baseboard heating (not viewable in photos) and things were going smoothly.
Well, then I hit a snag. I opened the doors to get under the sink. I removed all the stuff under there and noticed that there was a drain pipe (PVC) and two copper water feed pipes. Well, the two copper pipes were poking up through two holes drilled in the thick wood base of under the sink. I started to think how the heck I was going to get the sink pulled out, when there was no way to do that with those pipes the way they were. I had to drill, grind and cut a chunk of the wood base away. I must say, the first time this vanity was installed probably was a snap. Removing it wasn’t. That took a few hours, I’m sure.
I pulled the vanity away and removed the floor underneath.
Then came the toilet. That was easy enough, in the beginning. I turned the water off and removed the feed line. Then I removed one of the side bolts without incident. I went over to the other bolt and the sweet surprise was that the bolt kept turning with the nut. Hmmmm…that was fun. There went another hour of my day. I want to smack the person who designed these things.
Anyway, I got the toilet up and took up the rest of the floor.
It’s a little wet in the corner…probably from the shower spatter. We are going to have to figure that one out. Now, at least it’s all set and ready for the new floor. I better get some of this stuff back together again or Laura is going to yell at me when she gets home. Just kidding, she doesn’t yell. She is well aware of my power.