Well, I just couldn’t wait for the parts to come. The grass was getting higher and the neighbors were starting to give me strange looks. I went to Home Depot and sprung for a new Toro Variable Speed, High Wheel, Walk Power Mower 22 In., 6.5 hp, 3 In. 1. How is that? Here she is…
If you would like a review of this push mower, please see Paul’s post. He purchased the same exact one yesterday and he is a better writer than me. I suppose you could say he was my inspiration for this one.
Here is what she’s got:
– 22″cutting deck with 6.5 HP Guaranteed-to-Start (GTS) Engine
– 3 in 1 mowing system allows you to bag, side discharge or use the Recycler Cutting System to mince clippings into fine particles
– Wash Out Port – the safer and easier way to clean away clippings under the deck
– Quick Connect Bagging System – for easy bagging
– High Rear Wheels – for better maneuverability on uneven terrain
– Variable Speed Front Wheel Drive
Paul mentioned that the handle on this mower bothers his wrists. That was on his bad list. After mowing my lawn this afternoon in 90 degree heat, I didn’t seem to have any trouble with my wrists. One thing I did notice were the two big blisters on my thumbs. The handle has two levers…one that keeps the engine running and the other that engages the front wheel drive. Well, the bottom lever rubs just the wrong spot. I wish there was another switch or something. I guess I will just have to wear gloves.
Overall, this is a nice mower. It is good and strong, even in high grass. I am very happy that I went with the front wheel drive, because it is a bit heavy.
What am I going to do with the old mower? I am going to fix it and use it as a backup, or sell it for $40. Which ever comes first.
Mad peace to you.