This is a three in one post about some random stuff that’s currently going on. It’s autumn now and things are starting to cool down a bit. While I still avoid the direct and very hot sunlight, the mornings are turning cooler and more breezy. This makes for more time outdoors.
I’m not sure if I told you this or not, but we finished painting the interior of the house last week. We used Valspar paint from Lowe’s for everything and I have to say, I’m very happy with the quality of it. Pretty much one coat does it all. You have to put on a nice coat, but really, it’s good paint. The Florida room, hallway and bathrooms were painted “Quail Egg” color. The dining room, kitchen and living room were painted “Woodrow Wilson Putty” and the bedrooms were painted “Blizzard Fog.” Respectively speaking, those were very light yellowish, light brownish and light blueish. They look better than the descriptions here. I also painted all the trim and doors white, which really helps contrast the majority of paint. Luckily, the trim and doors were already painted white – I just had to clean things up.
The job was fairly easy. Laura taped like there was no tomorrow and I painted. She painted her bathroom and accused me of being a paint hog, but regardless of our spats, the task was completed, which brings me to this post. Painting the exterior of the house.
Since the Woodrow Wilson Putty came out so nicely on the inside, I decided that it would look good on the outside as well. It’s a nice neutral color and wouldn’t “upset” the look of things around here. It’s all about blending in, I say. So yesterday, I went out to Lowe’s and picked up two gallons of Valspar exterior paint and tested the color out on the most hidden wall we have – the side of the house.
Well, the test turned into using up an entire gallon. I had cleaned the side of the house with brush and hose earlier in the week, so things were prepped. With the nice nappy roller I already had and the extension pole, 5 gallon bucket and screen I picked up yesterday, I was ready to rock and roll.
Here are the results.
The paint looks great. I’m quite pleased with the color. There were no surprises, which is a good thing. I hope the rest of the project goes smoothly.
In other news, I took the garden down yesterday. The tomatoes all but stopped growing and all we had left were peppers and our fig trees. I decided that instead of letting the grass continue to grow through the netting of the garden cage, I’d just let things grow in their pots in the back yard. That’s that. Our summer garden.
In other other news, I took a picture of our cars in the driveway the other day. I had finished waxing the new truck and had done the same to Laura’s car a few days earlier. They were both looking pretty good in the sunshine, so I thought I’d take a picture. Enjoy.