I tackled the crown moulding in the bathroom last night. Have I told you that I really hate hanging crown moulding?
The room is almost exactly 5’x9′. It’s not too big, so I couldn’t cheat with two pieces of moulding per wall. I had to cut one piece each. This was easier than I thought, so it wasn’t too bad. I cut the pieces a little longer than necessary and then just kept trimming them until they fit snugly. I did run into a little issue though…For each piece, I drilled the holes for the finishing nails. I hammered all the nails in all around the room and wham, the last one didn’t go in. I kept hitting it and it bent. I use caulk to fill the gaps and nail holes anyway, so I tried to hammer the bent nail so it would sink into the moulding. Well, that didn’t work out too well. The nail is slightly sticking out. I am going to cover it up with caulk, paint it and give it a name for character. It’s in a hidden part of the room anyway. Otherwise, everything came out pretty well.
I will take some photos when I get it all painted up and looking nice.