I want to update my “Sony HDR-XR160 Vs. GoPro HD HERO Video Cameras” post with a third contender. I almost forgot about this one because I kept thinking it was only capable of still shots. Good thing I remembered about its impressive video capabilities. If you do a search for this camera online, you’ll see five stars all over the place.
Here’s a quick rundown of its features:
– 18.0 MP CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
– Full HD 1080p Video
– Advanced Live View
– 3.0″ 1.04 Million Dot Clear View LCD
– Up to 3.7 fps RAW, JPEG, or RAW+JPEG
– ISO 100-6400, Expandable to 12800
– 63-Zone Metering / 9-Point AF system
– Compatible with SD, SDHC, and SDXC
– Eye-Fi Menu Status Indicator Support
– EF-S 18-55mm IS Zoom Lens (KIT only)
The camera is listed anywhere between $705 and $1000. The range is because some retailers sell only the camera while others sell the camera and lens kit.
Here’s a very thorough review of the camera:
Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Camera
Take a look at some demo video and tell me what you think.
Canon EOS 550D / Rebel T2i Hands-on Review and Field Test