There is this really annoying feature that OpenOffice Writer offers that I couldn’t figure out how to turn off. It was so annoying that I figured that I would write about it here, just to help out the few souls who need to turn this thing off like I did.
The feature is called “Word Completion” or othewise known as AutoComplete, or auto complete. What ever floats your boat. The annoying thing about this feature is that it, obviously, completes words for you. Does it accurately complete words for you? Not really. What it does do is create a huge number of misspelled words in whatever document you are working on. I was working on something this afternoon and kept wondering why there were all these strange words with weird endings. They all had those squiggly red lines under them indicating they were spelled incorrectly. I finally figured out that the word completion feature was causing this and that I needed to disable it.
Okay, how did I do that? 3 easy steps.
Open OpenOffice Writer and click on Tools and then AutoCorrect Options…
When the AutoCorrect box pops up, click on the Word Completion tab.
While under the Word Completion tab, uncheck the Enable Word Completion check box.
Then, hit “OK” and you should be good to go. Does this help?
Incoming search terms:
- openoffice disable autocomplete
- openoffice turn off autocomplete
- autocomplete in open office
- openoffice auto cplete words
- openoffice stop auto word complete
- openoffice writer turn off data autocomplete
- stop open office writer from auto finishing words
- stop word suggestion open office
- TURN OFF AUTO COMPLETE IN OPEN OFFICE
- turn off auto fill open office